Rothbury Road, Hackney Wick, London E9
The development scheme involved the demolition of buildings on a rundown trading estate in east London to be replaced with four new buildings, arranged around a shared courtyard. This would result in a regenerated urban development which responds to existing street patterns and creates a beautiful new public space between Rothbury Road and White Post Lane.
- Security savings: £240,000
- Business rates: £200,000
Excalibur Estate, Catford, London SE6
186 prefab bungalows were built in 1946/7, designed by the Ministry of Works to provide 2 beds, a small garden and an indoor lavatory.
- Security savings: £120,000 as at end 2017 for guards/security screens/ inspections/ maintenance works
- Council tax savings: £50,000 as at end 2017
Parish Church, Tottenham
Global Guardians were called in to assist with a problem with squatters who had been occupying a church building in Tottenham, in the heart of Haringey in north London.
- Cost to client: Squatting activity and remedial action: £10,000 in legal fees and costs
- Other costs: Specialist dog and handler, locksmith, temporary security guards, bailiff attendance and activity: £10,000
- Immediate costs: Remedial operation which took 2-3 days working flat out to make the premises habitable for property guardians to move in and Church use: £10,000