Property Guardians are eligible for Universal Credit

Posted on April 2, 2020.

The Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government (MHCLG) has now also published non-statutory guidance which includes points specifically relating to property guardianship. Below is a question, posed and answered within the guidance document.   


 What can I do about rent arrears?

If you fall into financial difficulties due to a change in your employment or earnings, for example, you may qualify for Universal Credit. Property Guardian licence agreements are a valid tenancy agreement for receiving housing costs support in Universal Credit.”


This in itself is good news and, in line with this guidance, Global Guardians is now accepting Universal Credit as a valid form of payment.  


So, what should you do if you are a Global Guardian and are struggling to pay your license fee due to loss of earning brought on by the current pandemic?


1 – Apply for Universal Credit immediately. The claiming process can take up to 6 weeks so the quicker you apply the quicker you may be awarded the benefit.

2 – Let us know as soon as you can. You can do this by simply raising a My Globe ticket. This will help us to process the information and come back to you quickly.

3 – Don’t panic. There is a solution and we are here to help you.



The full guidance document can be read here and we hope that this is of help to all Property Guardians in the UK.


Stay Safe and Well Everyone #SafeHands

SafeContractor Approved
British Security Industry Association
Living Wage
Citation Approved Employment Law Registered Member
Information Commissioner's Office
Copyright Licensing Agency
Investors In People