COVID19 - How are we supporting our guardians during this crisis?
Posted on March 30, 2020.
As a ‘Guardians First’ organisation there is nothing more important to us than the safety and wellbeing of our Property Guardians. This has always been and will always be the case. We recognise that, during these unprecedented times, the immediate need for stricter rules regarding human movement and increased hygiene protocols apply to everyone, including Global Guardians as a company, and to our guardians as responsible citizens. It is by following our own moral compass and by adhering to Government advice that we will be able to navigate this crisis whilst doing all we can to safeguard our Guardians and employees.
Global Guardians has pledged the following in order to support our Guardians during these challenging times:
- We have provided dedicated contact channels for our Guardians which include phone lines, emails and ticket system through our central portal, My Globe. This allows us to provide emotional and practical support to those who need it most
- All evictions of Guardians who are unable to pay their license fee due to loss of earnings, and can prove this, have been ceased.
- We have set up payment plans and guidance for people to apply for Universal Credit or Housing Benefit which we are now accepting as forms of payment.
- We have issued and will continue to issue regular advice on how to maintain property hygiene as well as maintain social distance to assist in preventing the spread of the virus.
- None of the properties we manage will be returned to their owners until this crisis is over. This will retain living spaces for our Guardians and ensure no one is made homeless.
- We are ensuring that anyone who requires a new living space under urgent circumstances will be moved to one as close to their preferred location as possible.
- All essential utilities such as electricity and hot water are being maintained as normal.
As the pandemic develops we will be bringing new measures and increased communication to match the necessity. Through this safe hands approach we will ensure that our valued Property Guardians have the support they need and we continue to provide essential services to local communities.