A unique opportunity pivotal in the expansion of the awareness of Global Guardians and driving it towards its future success. This role will be responsible for establishing and championing a clear and consistent strategy for all marketing and communications. Concise planning and deliverance of marketing activities will lead this department to build on its 8-year history.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a hands-on individual who is both confident and proactive to work alongside a team of like-minded individuals.
Daily Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To develop and implement a marketing plan for Global Guardians
- To deliver creative marketing concepts, scripts and storyboards for briefs supplied.
- To produce copy for new campaigns and/or revamping existing ones, storyboarding for videos and more.
- Be responsible for marketing projects and campaigns though various methods e.g. Direct Mail, Digital Marketing.
- Attend external events to convey the message of Global Guardians and enlist supporters
- To identify new and innovative means of marketing Global Guardians in a growing and very competitive market
- Maintain and Measure social media campaigns across all social media platforms e.g. Youtube, Facebook, Twitter
- Maintaining and updating donor databases - Manage Google AdWords
- Arranging the effective distribution of marketing materials
- Liaising with designers, printers to deliver campaign material
- Develop strategic marketing links through marketing partners e.g. YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and community organisations
Skills and Requirements of the Role:
Must be flexible with willingness to work weekends, evenings and during campaign periods.
A University degree preferably in marketing or communications with a higher pass in English
- Proven experience in, marketing role.
- Experience of planning and managing successful marketing campaigns across all mediums(E)
- Budgeting experience
- Experience in liaising with other organisations such as graphic designers, publishers, conference organisers and printers
- Written articles, adverts, newsletters etc
- Google Ads and AdWords
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organisational and effective time management skills
- Good ICT skills including software packages e.g. Word and Excel
- Good understanding of design software incl Photoshop, Illustrator
- Good in generating reports and report writing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Driving creativity and a strong eye for detail
- Comfortable with making key decisions
- Knowledge of social trends and commercial awareness
- Knowledge on advertising strategies, marketing techniques and channels
- Knowledge on PR techniques
- Good knowledge of contemporary marketing techniques/strategies
- To work in a systematic and methodical manner
- To adapt quickly to changing deadlines and priorities
- To work under pressure and work on own initiative
- To work effectively within a team environment
- To thrive in a pressurised environment
- Self-motivated and able to carry out repetitive work