The Head of Quality Assurance plays a leadership position in the quality assurance department overseeing all the activities of the junior quality assurance teams. The Head of Quality Assurance is to develop as much on software/product development and enhancement.
The Head of Quality Assurance will take ownership for the department's performance as well as responsibility over the resolution of technical issues and debugging activities of the business's software/products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading a Quality team.
- Establishes quality and reliability standards by studying product and consumer requirements with other members of management and with production operators, technicians, and engineers.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing the quality assurance budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains quality assurance staff job results by coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Completes quality assurance operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Prepares product and process quality reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains product quality by enforcing quality assurance policies and procedures and government requirements; collaborating with other members of management to develop new training methods.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A candidate for this position must have had at least 7 years of working experience in a quality assurance position in a business within a fast-paced and constantly evolving market.
- Master's degree (Phd preferred) in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Business Development, Product Management, or any related field.
- Excellent communicator.
- Proficiency in Ms Word, Ms Excel, and PowerPoint, all necessary for the creation of both visually and verbally engaging analysis reports and recommendations.
- Highly skilled in SQL and have an ability to manipulate large amounts of data.
- Highly skilled in HTTP, JUnit, NUnit, and JSON testing frameworks and have experience in test automation using Python and Java.
- Exceptional leadership skills.
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities
- 5 years' experience
- Have excellent time, planning and project management skills
- Be able to handle demands, targets, guidelines, and high stress situations
- Be consistent, dependable and efficient
- Have advanced leadership and organizational skill
- GCSE's A-C
- Busy environment so will need to be able to focus & prioritise in order to meet deadlines.