Head of HR responsibilities include designing budgets, applying company policies and managing internal HR systems. To be successful in this role, you should have extensive HR experience in senior roles and good knowledge of Human Resources Management software.
Ultimately, you will ensure our HR department operates efficiently and aligns with our business objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading an HR team.
- Supporting managers in getting the best out of their staff.
- Translate key data into an effective and commercially focused HR and people strategy, working with senior management and influencing them on the best course of action.
- Provide company-wide information by interpreting people data and analysing figures on staff turnover, cost per hire etc.
- Designing and advising on company benefit packages.
- Handling complicated HR issues.
- Working to improve employee relations.
- Managing budgets.
- Co-ordinate remuneration policies and advise senior management on staff salaries in reference to external benchmarks.
- Champion a performance culture and continuously review productivity and employee development making recommendations for improvements.
- Lead on special projects and communicate and direct on strategy and implementation.
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems.
- Provide counselling on policies and procedures.
- Create and implement effective onboarding plans.
- Develop training and development programs.
- Assist in performance management processes.
- Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues.
- Working with other managers, improving employees' experiences of the workplace.
- Keeping employee records.
- Advising on matters like pay negotiations, redundancy and employment law.
- Developing HR policies and procedures.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven experience as previous HR Manager
- Bachelor's degree is minimum; Master's degree in business administration, human resources management, industrial relations, or even a law degree is desirable
- CIPD qualified with evidence of continuous professional development
- Able to problem solve and demonstrate operational and strategic skills
- Demonstrates commercial acumen - partners with the business to deliver commercially focused people strategies and has a good overall understanding of company finances and uses this to develop policies
- Solid employment law knowledge and proven experience of applying updated legislation to a variety of HR situations
- Management and leadership skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development etc.)
- Proficient in MS Office, Excel and PowerPoint
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities
- 5 years' experience
- Have excellent time, planning and project management skills
- Be able to flawlessly present and communicate in both written and verbal forms
- Be able to handle demands, targets, guidelines, and high stress situations
- Be consistent, dependable and efficient
- Have advanced leadership and organizational skill
- HR Credentials (e.g. PHR from the HR Certification Institute)
- GCSE's A-C
- Busy environment so will need to be able to focus & prioritise in order to meet deadlines.