We are looking for an experienced Finance Director to oversee all financial aspects of business and drive the company's financial strategy and planning.
You will be responsible for assessing the financial performance of the company as well as possible risks and investments and adhere to the budgets for each business department.
A director of finance is a reliable professional with broad knowledge to all accounting, financial and business principles. They are strategic thinkers and effective leaders who can make the most profitable decisions.
The goal is to guide the company towards profitability and long-term success.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To lead the finance team and work closely with senior staff to ensure financial strategies are achieved.
- To lead the financial controls & reporting division through a period of strategic change.
- To control all financial tasks and ensure capital and resources are used beneficially while maintaining the financial health of the business.
- Ownership of working capital management, forecasting and budgeting.
- Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports including forecasting monthly, quarterly and annual results.
- Track the company's financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement and seek out any methods for minimising financial risk to the company.
- Present financial reports to board members and stakeholders, and regularly provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in decision making.
- Production of monthly Management Accounts to strict deadlines including income and expenditure, balance sheet and cash-flow forecasts.
- Preparation of year-end financial statements, external auditor liaison and statutory/funding body returns.
- Preparation of financial plans detailing forecasts, budgets and long-term estimates.
- Management of the payroll and pension service.
- Educated to a high standard - ideally hold a degree or equivalent professional qualification.
- Have a recognised accountancy qualification (ACCA/CIMA/ACA) with evidence of CPD.
- Proven experience of leading the financial management in a large and complex organisation.
- Successful leadership and management skills.
- Strong IT skills with experience of developing Finance systems and software
- In-depth understanding of accounting practices and bookkeeping.
- Hands-on experience with budgeting, risk management and cash flow management.
- Evaluating financial systems and methods.
- Managing finance, and accounting teams.
- Implementing measures for staff improvement.
- Enforcing financial strategies and regulations.
- Overseeing budgeting, reporting, and forecasting.
- Reporting to stakeholders and board members.
- Networking with industry professionals.
- Liaising with financial institutions.
Finance Director Skills & Qualifications
- Advanced degree in accounting, business, finance, or a related field
- Several years of experience in finance
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Leadership skills
- Management experience
- Understanding of data privacy standards
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Thorough understanding of business principles and practices
- Superior attention to detail
- Organisational skills; planning skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Research skills
- Analytical skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Computer skills
- Multi-tasking skills