A Facilities Supervisor is responsible for the coordination of the maintenance of services and processes that support the core business of an organisation. Maintenance make sure that the properties are in the most suitable living environment for guardians. Our Maintenance supervisor must be reliable and have a great eye for detail. They must have technical skills and knowledge of various crafts such as carpentry, plumbing etc. Leadership and knowledge of administrative tasks such as scheduling are also essential. A Facilities Supervisor is involved in both strategic planning and day-to-day operations, particularly in relation to buildings and premises.
The goal is to ensure that facilities are in a good and safe condition at all times.
Responsibilities include organising:
- Building maintenance;
- Health and Safety;
- Procurement and Contract Management;
- Space management;
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing documents to put out tenders for contractors.
- Inspecting facilities periodically to determine problems and necessary maintenance.
- Preparing weekly maintenance schedules and allocate work.
- Hire and supervise tradesmen during installations, repairs or maintenance (electricians, plumbers etc.)
- Inspect and maintain building systems (heating, ventilation etc.)
- Monitor inventory of materials and equipment.
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and health and safety regulations.
- Project management and supervising and coordinating the work of contractors.
- Calculating and comparing costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money.
- Coordinating and planning essential central services such as security, maintenance, waste disposal and recycling.
- Ensuring the properties meets health and safety requirements and that facilities comply with legislation.
- Checking that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies.
- Coordinating and leading team to cover various areas of responsibility.
- Responding appropriately to urgent issues as they arise and dealing with the consequences.
- Ensure reactive maintenance works are recorded, monitored and completed via My Globe ticket system, in line with deadlines.
- Ensure inspections of every living space are recorded, monitored and completed via My Globe inspection module, every month.
- Ensure key management system is managed in line with the British Standard for Key holding.
- Ensure all maintenance tickets are updated with ticket notes to ensure the Guardians are kept up to date with reactive maintenance works.
- Ensure all planned building fit-out work is recorded, monitored and completed via My Globe ticket system and property status module.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven experience as maintenance supervisor or similar role
- Strong technical knowledge of all building systems (electrical, heating etc.)
- Knowledge of health & safety practices and regulations
- Excellent organisational and multi-tasking skills
- To behave in a manner consistent with organisational values and standards, ensuring there is a commitment to a customer focussed service and high quality.
- Strong computer skills
- Be able to handle demands, targets, guidelines, and high stress situations
- Be consistent, dependable and efficient
- Eye for detail and identifying problems
- Adaptable; able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work flexibly to achieve operational objectives
- Full UK Driving Licence – 4 years minimum