Clapham Park covers some 36 hectares in south London and is situated between Brixton, Streatham, Balham and Clapham. In 2005, Council residents voted in favour of a transfer of the Estate from Lambeth Council to the Metropolitan Housing Association and nearly 2,000 homes changed ownership, around 1500 of which were tenanted and some 500 owned by leaseholders.
The development scheme involved the demolition of buildings on a rundown trading estate in east London to be replaced with four new buildings, arranged around a shared courtyard. This would result in a regenerated urban development which responds to existing street patterns and creates a beautiful new public space between Rothbury Road and White Post Lane.
186 prefab bungalows were built in 1946/7, designed by the Ministry of Works to provide 2 beds, a small garden and an indoor lavatory.
Global Guardians were called in to assist with a problem with squatters who had been occupying a church building in Tottenham, in the heart of Haringey in north London.