As an innovative and trusted property guardian company, Global Guardians prides itself on maintaining high standards at all times. We ask that our guardians share our values of responsibility, respect, care and vigilance at all times.
This is because our agreement with our guardians is a mutually beneficial one: property owners receive peace of mind from knowing their property is safe from squatting and vandalism, whilst property guardians receive cheap and good quality accommodation.
If you’d like to put yourself forward for consideration as a property guardian, then we will need you to provide us with some documentation. We will also require you to meet certain key criteria in order for us to consider you for property guardianship.
- Current photo ID.
- Proof of current address.
- 12 months employment history.
- Two character references, ideally from your former employer and one other person who knows you in a professional capacity (e.g. a former landlord)
- 3 month’s bank statements.
Payments & Fees Required
- 1 month licence fee upfront
- Key payment (price depends on the value of the property)
- Admin fee of £95.00
- Fire safety pack costing £65.00 (which consists of a fire extinguisher, smoke detector, fire blanket and a first aid kit)
Guardianship Vetting Conditions
- You must be over 21 years of age.
- You must be in full time employment.
- Willing to carry out voluntary work in the local community.
- DSS not accepted.
- Flexible – guardians can be asked to move into properties at 48 hours notice.
- No pets and no children are allowed in our properties.
- We ask that all our guardians are responsible, and report any maintenance or guardian-related issues ASAP. No anti-social behaviour of any kind is allowed in any of our properties (this includes house parties, sorry!)
Global Guardians considers all its property guardian criteria to be non-negotiable. Our criteria are designed to provide assurance to property owners, whilst also ensuring that property guardians are happy and secure, and that they are good ambassadors for the Global Guardians brand.
A full list of rules and regulations is written into our license agreement, which should be read and agreed to before signing.
If you wish to join our Guardian Family then please contact us.
We wish you every success in becoming a member of our global family.