As one of the most trusted providers of property guardians, Global Guardians insists on high standards of responsibility and vigilance at all times. You will be trusted to treat your host property with care and respect at all times, as we always return properties to our clients in the same condition we received them. Becoming a live-in guardian is a mutually beneficial agreement – the owner of the property gets the peace of mind they need and protection from vandalism and squatters, and you receive substantially cheaper accommodation in a wide variety of properties.
If you’d like to put yourself forward as a property guardian in London, we have some straightforward criteria and required documentation that needs to be provided. We carefully screen all candidates who would like to become guardians, and you could enjoy spacious accommodation in a loft, terraced house, or residential home, even a prestigious property, hotel or library. To meet our contractual duty to the owner of the property, guardians are selected for their responsibility and willingness to provide credentials including character references, twelve months of employment history and a CRB check where applicable.
Guardianship Documents Needed
- Photo ID (passport, driving licence)
- 12 months’ employment history, together with a written character reference from your Employer Written character reference from previous Landlord or unrelated person
- 3 months’ bank statements
- Proof of current address (recent utility bill)
Payments & Fees Required
- 1 month upfront
- Key payment (price depends on the value of the property)
- Admin fee of £95.00
- Fire safety pack costing £65.00 (which consists of a fire extinguisher, smoke detector, fire blanket and a first aid kit)
Minimum Guardian Requirements
Guardianship Vetting Conditions
- You must be over 21 years of age.
- In full time employment.
- DSS not accepted.
- Of good character/responsible.
- Guardians need to be flexible and able to move into one of our properties within 48 hours notice.
- No pets and no children are allowed in our properties.
- No anti-social behaviour and no parties are allowed in any of the properties.
- Any security, maintenance or guardian-related issues must be reported.
- Willing to carry out voluntary work for the local community.
All our property guardians have to be over 21 and we cannot accept any guardians to live in who are under the benefits system – and we also insist on a no pets and no children policy, as liability issues relating to the condition of properties prevent this. All our London property guardians act as ambassadors for Global Guardians, and we believe in ensuring our live-in guardians are happy, because when you’re happy, our property owners are assured well-looked after properties. We’re entrusted with the protection of their vacant properties and we’re proud of our reputation as one of the most respected names for property guardians in London.
If you’d like to apply to become one of our property guardians in London – read through the details below and then click through to our application form, or contact us today if you’d like more information on becoming a live-in guardian.
The requirements that our guardians must adhere to are simple, fair and non-negotiable.
A full list of rules and regulations is written into the license agreement which should be read and agreed to before signing up as a guardian.
If you wish to join our Guardian Family then please contact us.
We wish you every success in becoming a member of our global family.