Global Guardians approach to achieve sustainability such as CO2 reductions, waste and recycling, reducing water use in construction sites, securing products from sustainable sources can be viewed in our Sustainability Policy.
Global Guardians is a guardian security company, operating throughout London. Our main service is to provide guardian security to protect vacant properties in London. We recognise that our operations result in the generation of waste both in our office through using ink cartridges, paper and other office consumables, on the road travelling to our sites, as well as by our guardians who secure the vacant premises. It is our aim to:
- Comply with legislation and other requirements
- Continue to reduce the environmental impacts of our business
- Operate in an environmentally responsible manner.
Our policy describes how we will achieve our aim.
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Minimise toxic emissions through efficient selection and use of our fleet and the source of our power requirement.
- Continue to promote recycling both internally and amongst our guardians, contractors and suppliers.
- Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of production, distribution and disposal.
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to our company.
- Use an accredited program to offset the greenhouse gas emissions generated by our activities.
- Continue to reduce the generation of general and hazardous (special) wastes.
- Inform all customers and suppliers of our commitment to reducing our environmental impact.
- Monitor and manage our consumption and use of energy by analysis of our utility bills and meter readings. We will work to reduce the consumption of energy and to reduce our contribution to emissions of gases and other pollutants which contribute to climate change.
- Keep reducing the consumption of water within our buildings and reduce discharge by monitoring spend and analysis of meter readings.
- Monitor and work to continually reduce our contribution to environmental emissions from travel undertaken for business purposes.
- Seek to purchase goods and services to minimise adverse environmental affects. We will seek to undertake sustainable procurement that complies with EC regulatory requirements and UK Government policy on public procurement and its requirement to provide best value. Where possible we will use local suppliers and encourage our suppliers to commit to improving environmental performance.
To achieve our aims, we have set ourselves the following targets:
- Inform all new customers and suppliers of our environmental policy.
- Define good housekeeping for properties under our remit, ensure all employees and guardians receiving training in good housekeeping by end of first month of the LB Camden project and incorporate this training into the induction programme for new employees and new guardians.
- Optimise recycling system to further reduce the quantity of waste materials.
- Optimise our environmentally preferable product purchasing policy with immediate effect.
- Begin process for becoming ISO 14001 accredited by November 2015.
- Incorporate the principles set out in this environmental policy into our day to day operations. We will develop appropriate:
1.Procedures for day-to-day operations
Monitoring and auditing
Progress against these objectives will be monitored through monthly management meetings. The annual targets and action plan will be reviewed quarterly, and the targets will be reported annually.
We recognise the responsibility of our staff in contributing to good environmental management. We seek to harness and channel the enthusiasm and interest shown by our people and will provide appropriate information and support to ensure that all staff exercise their environmental responsibility.